Feeling peaceful is the essential basis for feeling happy. But how is it possible to have peace of mind, when life demands so much?
Here is a list of 10 famous quotes on peace of mind, that can help us bring more balance and joy back to our lives.
1. Here is the good news – inner peace doesn’t depend on your external circumstances. What matters is how well you can control your thoughts and state of mind.
Simple daily meditation can give you substantial power over the way you think. Once you become the master of your thoughts, peace of mind stops being a reaction to something outside of you. Instead, it becomes something you voluntarily choose for yourself.
2. When we believe that our inner peace depends on people and situations surrounding us, we try to influence them to our benefit. That creates a lot of conflict, because other people have their own interests in mind.
As soon as you change your belief system to “My peace of mind depends on me only”, you will lose interest in pushing others to fit your needs and the atmosphere around you will become more peaceful.
3. We tend to think that if we give responsibility for something to another person, we will have less problems ourselves and hence will live peacefully. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work in case of inner well being.
If we hold another person responsible for how we feel, it means we gave them control over ourselves. But if we want to feel secure and peaceful, we have to take this control back
4. We tend to judge and compare people, because we are all so different. Accepting these differences as natural, without putting plus or minus signs next to them, can free your mind for more positive and productive thoughts and improve relationships.
5. When we are upset with someone, when we can’t let go of our bitter feelings towards them, we are the ones who suffer the most. These feelings eat us from the inside and bring negative thoughts to our mind. Letting go and forgiving old mistakes is the essential part of feeling peaceful.
6. Forgiving others is a basis for peace of mind, bringing yourself one step higher to loving people and increasing your peacefulness and happiness. And it’s not as difficult to do, as we learned to believe.
When we begin to accept people as they are and stop holding them responsible for what we feel, there is left no reason to feel negative about them. Loving becomes easy.
7. The only thing we can fully control in this world is ourselves. Trying to influence something else will not necessarily bring us the desired results, but will surely make us lose peace of mind.
We need to guard our peace by checking what depends on our efforts and what we’ll just have to accept.
8. People who know themselves well, have less dilemmas in life. Someone who’s aware that he is an honest person, will not lose their peace of mind thinking whether or not to tell the hard truth to someone.
Figuring out who you are and remembering this truth in all circumstances will bring confidence and inner peace.
9. We have to be prepared to work on ourselves, if we want to have lasting peace of mind. It might be a slow process, but it’s an important one.
10. Remember this, if you ever need motivation to push through your negative thoughts and beliefs.The internal work you’re doing is not just for yourself, it’s for the benefit of the whole world. Click To Tweet
Encourage inner peacefulness by sharing these quotes to others! The more people will be aware of it, the less wars and conflicts we’ll have!
If you liked this post, make sure to check out my collection of useful quotes about relationships.